http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/03/parents-object-obamas-national-address-students/

Many parent's are keeping their kids from watching the upcoming speech in school and I DON'T blame them! Some schools aren't even letting the parents have a choice and that aggravates me even more!

"But some parents won't be allowed to "opt-out" their kids everywhere. At least one school district, Tempe Elementary School District No. 3 in Arizona, is not permitting parents to pull their children out of class during Obama's speech."

How can a school district tell parents "your child is going to watch this and you don't have a choice" and people wonder why I am going to home school.

Another thing that I don't find kosher is this.

" lesson plans, for students in pre-kindergarten through grade 6, which suggested that students write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president." Another assignment for students after hearing the speech was to discuss what "the president wants us to do."

This is supposed to be a speech about education? This to me sounds like something else, something that I would not want my child exposed to.

How does every one else feel?


0 comments:

Post a Comment